Mediatoolkit is a business-to-business (B2B) software-as-a-service (SaaS) tool, and as such needs some of your data to work, but does not share or sell anyone any of your data.
Based on the type of usage you can be in one of three categories:
Visitors - we use website cookies to a) optimize the website (we use anonymized data to do that), b) show you ads around the web reminding you what a great deal you can make. From your IP address we get your location (only country or city) to show you the right language version of our site.
Users - visitors who registered to use Mediatoolkit. In addition to everything we collect about visitors, we use your email to make it possible for you to sign-in to Mediatoolkit, and to receive email alerts and email digests based on your alert settings. We use your name, surname, position and company name to better understand our customers, to make sure you are a business user and to suggest you the best ways in which you can use Mediatoolkit. We use your telephone number to reach out to you when you register to help you setup your account. Our data shows that more than 80% of users who are getting the most for themselves from our service have been contacted by us over the phone.
Customers - users who pay to use our service. In addition to everything we do for users, we use your company information (name, address, VAT number) to create receipts for you. We use your birthday to delight you on that special day. We do not store any of your credit card data on our side, we have partnered with Braintree (a PayPal company) to do it for us.
Mediatoolkit uses online tools to provide you with the key experiences (listed below) while using Mediatoolkit, and we make sure that all of these providers keep your data safe.
- Intercom - to provide you with the online support it keeps track of your on-site behaviour and shows you relevant messages.
- Google Analytics & Mixpanel - to analyze user behaviour and to try make Mediatoolkit better based on what we find. We don’t look at individual users but try to make sense out of the data from the groups (cohorts) of users - respecting your privacy in that way
- Braintree - to process payments
- Sentry - to debug Mediatoolkit, we use Sentry which keeps track of errors and crashes in real time.
- Taxamo - to calculate value added tax correctly based on the country where you are from or where your card is from
- Hotjar - to anonymously capture your sessions in order to improve your experience
Once again: Mediatoolkit does not sell your data. We won’t send you marketing emails if you don’t want us to. We do not share your data with anyone.
If you do not wish to use Mediatoolkit, you can delete your account at any time by clicking Settings and Account settings in the top right corner of the screen, and then clicking Delete account. When you delete your account, all of the data Mediatoolkit has that belongs to you will be deleted.
For any questions regarding your privacy you might have, please feel free to reach out to our COO personally - email@example.com